The 25-year-old Haileyville, Oklahoma, woman was arrested for allegedly lighting her daughter’s head on fire while trying to get rid of head lice.
The mother-of-the-year, Suggs, thought of an ingenious home remedy to treat her 5-year-old daughter’s case of head lice—gasoline. “I thought gas would kill the little white thingies bouncing around on my little girl’s head. I mean gas kills everything right?” She said.
Inside their home, Suggs doused her daughter’s head with gasoline, which spilled all over the floor and on Suggs. Unfortunately, the genius mother, and the live-in boyfriend watching this marvel, failed to realize that gasoline is a highly flammable and volatile substance, consequently is very dangerous indoors with limited ventilation.
With that said I’m sure you can figure out what happened next. Yes, a nearby space heater inside the home caught the 5-year-old girl on fire as well as Suggs. After a few failed attempts the live-in boyfriend managed to extinguish the fire, however, the damage was already done and the little girl was in need of immediate medical attention.
Shana Suggs and the live-in boyfriend weren’t sweatin’ it, they were in no rush to get to the hospital. They loaded their car up with the burnt little girl, in addition to the four other children that were at the house at the time of the fire. They stopped at 7-11 for a round of Slurpees, then went to check out The Golden Digger, a quick run through the Oklahoma Aquarium, and then they dropped the other four children off at a relative’s house. After that they made there way to the hospital, which was still 15 minutes away. Slurpee refill anyone?
Upon arrival to the hospital the police were finally called. Shana Suggs was arrested and charged with felony child abuse by injury. The little girl sustained 2nd and 3rd degree burns over 60% of her body. After being treated she was released and put in DHS custody.
No lice was ever found…
And why the f#ck was a space heater on in the middle of the summer, in Oklahoma?
Full Story: WSBTV